How to Optimize Facebook Post
Facebook is the biggest social media platform and it is great for announce your promotions. However, just posting on Facebook without strategies won’t be seen by audience. To optimize Facebook post, you need to do some efforts to optimize it. Facebook news feed algorithm is not that hard as Google’s. Algorithm that Facebook is using is EdgeRank.
What is EdgeRank
Three elements of EdgeRank
Affinity: How often that user interacts with your post or page
Weight: How much priority EdgeRank gives to your post (Videos and Photos take top priority. Links are second, and plain text is at the bottom end.)
Recency: How old is your post? The longer post has been on Facebook, the less likely it will be shown to users.
20 Tips for optimizing Facebook Post
- Post a various content to attract interactions from a higher percentage of your users, improving your affinity score.
- Post a positive and fun content on Facebook.
- Talk about Facebook – the most shareable topic on Facebook is Facebook.
- Respond to comments that your followers post on your content to increase the engagement ratio per post.
- Respond to comments that your followers post on your page to raise your affinity score.
- Test with targeting posts to get a higher feedback ratio (impressions turn into engagements)
- Post contents regularly, but not too often (more than once a day). Give post a great time of gaining attraction.
- Post contents after work hours
- Post with images to create more attractive post.
- Write meta description for any links you post. Facebook automatically pulls this in for links.
- Let users share your blog articles and landing pages to encourage users to post your content directly.
- Integrate landing pages within Facebook (don’t users leave Facebook)
- Post videos directly instead of links (let users watch video on Facebook directly)
- When post a video, include links in video descriptions to drive traffic back to your website.
- When you share photos, use Flickr integrated with Facebook account to protect your copyright.
- Post photos directly on Facebook to get more engagement.
- Do not use complex language or jargon
- Ask questions and feedback from followers
- Measure post performance by using Facebook Insights
- Encourage user-generated content, including user-created photos, comments, or links.